One Piece Counterweight Door
One Piece Counterweight Doors are typically used in small industrial buildings with door openings up to 12’ X 15’. They offer the option of a pilot door to alleviate the need to have a separate personnel door opening in the wall to allow human entry and exit. Pilot doors can help reduce heating and air conditioning costs by minimizing the need to open the larger warehouse door. Here are the list of considerations:
- Provides 100% access to the door opening when the door is open
- Can lift and rest open horizontally inside building.
- Optional vertical lift to allow overhead lights to work in building with enough vertical headroom (see pix below)
- Simple design and operation
- No springs are used. Door is counterweighted with cables and a steel gravity weight. Low maintenance.
- Lasts for decades when maintained properly.
- Easy to manually lift open.
- Easy close, simply pull down a rope tether.
- Not appropriate for motorized operation
- Most existing doors can be matched for exterior appearance with identical or similar sheeting.