Two Piece Counterweight Vertical Lift Doors
Two Piece Counterweighted Doors are manufactured almost exclusively by Commercial Door Company for Western applications. These are typically used in large buildings and offer several advantages.
Here’s a list of considerations:
- Lifts vertically, offers 100% access to the door opening when the door is open
- Simple design and operation. Easy to manually lift open.
- Easy close, simply pull down a rope tether.
- No springs are used. Doors are counterweighted with cables and a steel gravity weight. Low maintenance.
- Safely stores doors above door opening parallel to wall, minimizing forklift risk.
- Doesn’t obstruct work light from skylights or other lighting fixtures near the door opening.
- Lasts for decades when maintained properly.
- Not appropriate for motorized operation
- Must have headroom above the door equal to half the door opening height plus 1ft.
- Most existing doors can be matched for exterior appearance with identical or similar sheeting.