Two Piece Counterweight Doors
One Piece Counterweight Doors are typically used in small industrial buildings with door openings up to 12’ X 15’. They offer the option of a pilot door to alleviate the need to have a separate personnel door opening in the wall to allow human entry and exit.
- Lifts vertically, offers 100% access to the door opening when the door is open
- Simple design and operation. Easy to manually lift open.
- Easy close, simply pull down a rope tether.
- No springs are used. Doors are counterweighted with cables and a steel gravity weight. Low maintenance.
- Safely stores doors above door opening parallel to wall, minimizing forklift risk.
- Doesn’t obstruct work light from skylights or other lighting fixtures near the door opening.
- Lasts for decades when maintained properly.
- Not appropriate for motorized operation
- Must have headroom above the door equal to half the door opening height plus 1ft.
- Most existing doors can be matched for exterior appearance with identical or similar sheeting.